Monday, December 22, 2008

More Town Bizness

So I know I'm the most laziest blogger out there but this paralyzing snow storm in Seattle has forced me to rip some more treats for you guys. Going to try and put something up each day this week to get in the routine of "blogging".

1st up is a song that I don't believe was ever released. Its a song H Bomb did with Supreme in 92 or 93 called "You Don't Stop" I believe. Both of these dudes were important to me early on in my aspiring beat making days.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

H Bomb and Topspin aka Sinsimilla

H Bomb is the first dude I ever made a beat with and the first guy I know to actually go to the mythical "studio" and record his own song. He moved to Seattle from Boston in 91 and ended up on my street. We met riding the 48 to Garfield our Freshman year and became friends. He was definitely on the East Coast rap heavy so he would put me onto stuff like Brand Nubian and Ultramagnetic and I would put him on with MC Pooh and other random West Coast tapes I had at the time. (At the time I wasn't feeling that trade! lol) Eventually H Bomb became known on the local rap scene and everybody started wanting to work with him. He was part of a group called Sinsimilla with Topspin and Infinite that was really dope and he also did guest spots on a lot of people's stuff including Born Supreme, who was known for being the master crate digger in the city.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Born Supreme getting awards from our punk ass mayor.

H Bomb did this song with Preme before I had actually met Preme. I ended up linking up with him a couple years later. First time I actually saw Preme was at Bop Street though. I was probably looking for some fender rhodes samples or something at the time. I was walking up to the store and I saw a mexican dude roll up in a red Blazer with some Daytons on it. I figured he had to be somebody doing beats or djing but I thought he was El Mafioso who was a rapper Nes used to play on KCMU back then. Eventually I ended up meeting Preme at Music Menu thru my old school homie Amilcar who worked there. Amilcar played some of my beats for him one day and Preme liked em. Eventually Preme took me under his wing and taught me about records and put out my first songs on Conception Records, which some of you guys might have heard of. When I met Preme I wasn't even thinking about putting out records or anything like that. I just wanted to do some songs and maybe get my beat played on KCMU's local music spotlight. H Bomb and I used to think it would be big to get your song played on KCMU. That was success back then.

This song is still pretty dope to me. I love the way Born put the 9th Creation in there with the Bob James. Some genuine SP1200 shit at its finest. Hussein just had his own way of rhyming that I always fucked with. He was a town phenom for a minute there. Everybody wanted him on their tape.

1 comment:

Robert said...

dope song indeed,thanks!!